Nominations are now open for the 2020 Munster Heat squad and will close on Wednesday, 20th November, at 5 p.m. sharp.
Squad will then be selected by the MCU Heat Selection committee that evening followed by emails sent to the respective players with confirmation of selection.
Before Christmas: 5 weeks of 1 S&C session in the Cork warehouse on Thursday nights. Players must attend starting on Thursday, 21st November, at 6.30 p.m.
After Christmas: January - March. 2 S&C sessions a week (1 mandatory attendance in Cork per week) and batting/bowling practice at weekend in the Munster Cricket training facility in Cork.
In season: Training sessions to be confirmed to selected squad by head coach during preseason
Guidelines for selection for the Munster Heat
- Players must Be Irish qualified and eligible to play for Ireland or eligible to play in the next 12 months.
- The MCU will allow 2 non Irish qualified players to be in the match day 12 if selected.
- Be playing in the LCU/MCU Premier Division and Cups or LCU Div 1 or 2.
- Have the required level of skills to enable them to compete in the interprovincial competition selected for.
- Has shown that they can consistently perform for their club side, including key roles in a team on a regular basis.
- To play a leading role with ball and/or bat, for their club sides in the MCU/LCU competitions.
- Have been , currently or the possibility in the future to be a part of the Munster Heat programme.
- Show the desired levels of commitment to play for the Reds/Heat in the long-term and continuously improve through work with the provincial coaches.
- Attend 70% of training sessions in the off season and during the summer.
- Behave with the utmost respect towards teammates at all times, having team values and goals as a priority
- Behave appropriately at all times while representing the Reds /Heat, including while travelling in the public domain and at match/training days.