Munster Cricket is tasked with managing, promoting and developing cricket throughout Munster in a sustainable manner. Specifically, its remit is to: expand participation in the game, especially at youth level create structures and an infrastructure to support that expansion; ensure the long-term viability and health of the game in Munster.
Cricket Manager - Munster Cricket
ROLE AND PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The post holder will be required to lead the strategic and business planning process for the Union, ensuring areas of strategic focus (including but not limited to boys/girls/men’s/women’s cricket, culture & diversity etc) are being addressed within the Munster region, to grow the game of cricket.
The post holder will work under the direction of the Munster Cricket and Cricket Ireland as Munster Cricket seeks to enhance its cricket development structures and its club development system.
As the success of the post will be dependent on developing and maintaining partnerships with key stakeholders the post holder will be required to develop and maintain working alliances with a wide range of partners in the voluntary and community sector and educational and sports sectors.
Munster Cricket Chair and Cricket Ireland (as required)
- Munster Cricket Chair
- Munster Cricket Exec & sub committees
- Cricket Ireland
- Provincial Union General Managers
- All Affiliated clubs
- Sport Ireland
- Local Sports Partnerships
- Raise the profile of the Union and attracting increasing financial support from commercial sources, statutory agencies and any other reputable source which may include, but not exclusive to membership schemes, affiliations schemes, high net worth individual or income derived from hosting matches.
- Prepare an annual Operational Plan setting out key targets and priories for the year, linked to the achievement of the objectives set out in the strategic plan.
- Implement the Operational Plan through use of volunteers and key stakeholders and report on the Plan on a quarterly basis.
- Provide strategic leadership, support and guidance to Clubs to assist them in establishing and reviewing realistic club development plans
- Offer advice and support to clubs around financial compliance, accountability and Health and Safety, Safeguarding and facilities.
- Establish a clear communication strategy between Provincial Union, Clubs, Schools and participants.
- Support the implementation of registration and digital systems within the Club environment
- Plan and deliver annual Club forum(s).
- Develop and maintain a pathway for volunteers who aspire to grow their capability and influence within the club environment.
- Plan, co-ordinate and deliver workforce and volunteer education courses/programmes utilising key partners (LSPs, third parties) to diversify the Cricket workforce within Munster Cricket.
- Mentor key volunteers in Clubs by supporting and signposting them to further personal development opportunities across the sporting sector
- Coordinate the delivery and promotion of relevant coach education courses delivered within the Provincial Union
- Maintain accurate information including player statistics and volunteer engagement within club and school environments and report quarterly
- To maintain accurate and up to date records of all club and workforce programmes, activities and participants (where applicable)
- Assist in managing the project budgets in accordance with Munster Cricket procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate project programmes in accordance with guidelines and external investors terms and conditions.
- Oversee the team administration support to Munster Reds and all regional youth development programmes.
- Provide logistical match day and event support as required at Munster Reds home matches,
- Prepare written and oral reports and presentations as necessary relating to relevant projects.
- Utilise data and good practice examples to positively promote cricket with/through partners and media outlets.
- Identify, prepare, submit and review funding applications to source additional investment that will support/compliment the objectives of Munster Cricket strategic plan
- Act as an ambassador/advocate for the Union’s Strategy and actively promote the objectives contained within.
- Develop and actively promote the Munster Cricket policies and procedures on all aspects of equality.
- Ensure full compliance with health and safety requirements and legislation in accordance with Munster Cricket policies and procedures.
- Ensure full compliance with safeguarding requirements in accordance with Munster Cricket policies and procedures
- Line manage any full-time/part-time staff
- Attend Cricket Ireland network meetings, as required.
- Any other duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the general nature of the post.
- Tertiary level qualification(s) relevant to the post; e.g. Business, Sports Management, Sports Studies or Teaching or relevant experience in the sector.
- Demonstrable experience of working with and development of sports clubs and/or community/voluntary organisations
- Demonstrable experience of creating, implementing and reviewing personal and/or workforce development programmes to development individuals and clubs
- Knowledge of the Irish sporting landscape, NGB’s, Sport NI, Sport Ireland, Local Authorities, County Councils and Local Sports Partnerships.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and working in partnership with bodies such as local authorities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends when required
- Full and current driving licence and access to a car.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Cricket landscape within Ireland
- Understanding of Irish legislation and compliance that affects sporting organisations.
- Awareness of the needs and behaviours of volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong report writing skills with an ability to communicate effectively and confidently to individuals and groups.
- Ability to form and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Self-reliant, pro-active, able to take responsibility for areas of work and display initiative in solving problems.
- High-level of personal accountability.
REMUNERATION AND ROLE LOCATION
- Position Location: Cork, City
- Renumeration: Salary between €28k to €35K per annum
- Position Tenure: Permanent Full-time
- Annual Leave 25 days
- Closing date for applications will be midday 6th March 2019
- Letters of application and CV should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (reference Munster Cricket – Cricket Manager)