In collaboration with Cricket Ireland and Cricket Leinster, Munster Cricket is delighted to confirm that the planned return to (T20) play from 7th June has been fully approved by Sport Ireland which has also given its approval for longer formats of the game from mid-July onwards.
The start of the season will be front-loaded with T20 competitions with longer-format leagues to commence in mid/late July (fixtures to be announced soon!).
The good news, therefore, is that we can now proceed with our programme in the confidence of knowing that it will be fully compliant.
Covid risk management commitments are critical and we will be working hard to underpin this in support of all clubs.
It is important to understand that we (Munster Cricket and the clubs) will all be operating under Cricket Ireland’s General Club Guidelines and Competition Guidelines to mitigate Covid Safety risks.
Accordingly, it is crucial to note that we have all committed to the following:
- Covid Safety Officers in place in each club
- All clubs to conduct contact tracing at all times
- All clubs to have completed risk assessments and submitted to Munster Cricket before the restart of training and/or playing
- Munster Cricket will be supporting clubs and will also complete sample on-site reviews at clubs and grounds during the competition phase
- All matches will operate under a strict list of essential personnel for game days
The competition Covid Safety Guidelines can be found below for ease of reference.
Finally thanks to our colleagues at Cricket Ireland for their leadership and support in facilitating this positive outcome for the safe return of competitive club cricket.